Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Floundering

Lately I have been feeling a bit lost. In some kind of purgatory or like a fish on the dock just flopping around. I am not quite sure what to do about it. I come into my art room at night and do a whole lot of nothing, really. I can't tell you what I've done in there- maybe daydreaming, staring off into space, playing silly little games on the computer. Who says I have to do anything- right? Well, I guess I do. It's not like I don't do anything at all during the day with a 4 year old and almost 3 year old- I am very busy raising happy, well adjusted, self-confident, smart little girls. At night I just want more! More for me- but I just can't seem to do it lately. I haven't blogged and I haven't completed any creations. I think that maybe just like a flower- I can't be in bloom all the time. There has to be a period of rest so that I can build my energy up to bloom again. With this thought in mind I am going to stay away from the art room for about a week. Do some different things. Do somethings around the house that have been neglected. Lay down in my bed after the girls go to sleep and just do nothing. Allow my mind to wander and not fight it! I think this period of "Rest" will be good for me.
I shouldn't put that pressure on myself to be in constant bloom! It is impossible in nature so why should I force it on myself. Time to rest, gather my energies so that I may bloom once again- later- with full strength!

Until next time folks!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great idea. So many of us (Moms) are always on the go always ON. Sometimes you just need to stop and BREATHE. Blessings, Joanne

Post a Comment