Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Letting Go, and Letting it Flow

Flowing waters Pictures, Images and Photos

I have decided that I need to stop putting so much pressure on myself to "Produce or make" things. Every night when the girls go to bed, I am off to the studio with the thoughts that I must make, I must get something listed in my Artfire store, I must do now, get it done now! This enormous amount of pressure I put on myself it ridiculous and unnecessary! These thoughts were totally confirmed when I ran across, by accident, (although I believe there are no accidents!) This great website-by  kellyraeroberts. She was an instant inspiration to me! She had a guest post entitled- Breaking out of a creative rut By: Ali Edwards. You should definitely go check these out! It really spoke to me and told me that it's ok not to be that art/craft creating machine all the time. Part of being creative is also those times that you just don't feel that way and it is OK!
     I can only figure 2 reasons why I put so much pressure on myself. One is because I am a stay at home mom and do not contribute financially to the household. I have worked since I was 14 and always had a job. So it is very difficult (in my head) to not bring that dollar home. I am under no pressure from my husband and he never calls it his money or tells me how to spend it. He always stands behind me to follow my dreams and understands the level of difficulty being a stay at home mom entails! It is me and only me that puts this pressure on myself.
     The second reason I feel that I put so much pressure on myself is because I am a recovering alcoholic. I have almost 4 years clean and sober. I spent about 20 years being wasted. Sometimes I put the pressure on myself because I feel like I need to make up for lost time. I have pretty much let go of this idea! I know I can never make up for all that time and my life is here and now. This is truly the happiest I have ever been!

So, I highly suggest you check out- http://www.kellyraeroberts.blogspot.com/

and- Breaking out of a creative rut by: Ali Edwards

Until later I am going to flow like the river above with the full moon of possibilities shining above me!!!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Good for you Ÿ I'm very proud of you for staying sober so long. I hope all continues to go well for you.

Post a Comment