Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Steampunk Style Box- Tutorial

Howdy folks!!! Today I am going to show you how to make a cute little Steampunk style box. I just love decorating all kinds of boxes- new, old, cigar boxes- you name it! Now, if steampunk isn't your bag baby- that's ok! Use this same concept with different colors and papers and it will still be fab! I like to think of all my projects as recipes and they all need different ingredients!




Here is a list of the ingredients you need for this little gem!


Folkart
  metallic sequin black and metallic antique copper
Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive
A box- any kind you choose- I have a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 wood box that I scored at the dollar store
Tattered Angels glimmer mist
Ranger liquid pearls copper and black
Graphic 45  Steampunk Debutante papers
Tim Holtz/ Ranger Cogs and wheels
Tim Holtz/ Ranger Distress ink- vintage photo
Little bottle
Micro beads
ribbons/fiber/lace




First, paint the box black on the outside and copper on the inside.


I really love distressing items and making them look old! So, next I distress all the edges of my papers.


After the distress ink has dried , adhere them with your Helmar adhesive.


Fill your little bottle with micro beads and tie a fiber around the top. Also tie fiber onto the key.
Using your Helmar 450, adhere the bottle, paper and key to the inside lid of the box.
Next, glue your paper and lace into the bottom of the box.


Last step is to embellish by gluing on your cogs and wheels and making dots with your liquid pearls!
Bada Bing- you are finished!!!




Until next time,

5 comments:

Summer Daniels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So glad you guy enjoyed this! I sure had fun making it!! :-)

LindaKay said...

Nice tutorial Kelly! Love the butterflies and colors you choose.

Ann Marie said...

Very fun project. I've been thinking of doing one of my "Musing" series works on a box. Ampersand now makes natural wood boxes!

Unknown said...

Thank Y'all for all the wonderful comments!!

Post a Comment